The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is one of the country’s most prominent engineering entrance exams. As the exam’s difficulty level is at an all-time high, candidates are certainly interested to know full information about the exam. The National Testing Agency is yet to release the dates for JEE Main 2022, however, the NTA conducts JEE Main twice a year for B.Tech and B.Arch admissions to NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs. The exam serves as a qualifying round for the JEE Advanced examination.
JEE Main 2022: Registration Process
The application form for JEE Main 2022 will be available on the official website in an online format only. Candidates should make sure that they have scanned images of their photos and signature that meet the official requirements. Candidates must provide complete and accurate personal, academic, and contact information. It is advised to take a printout of the acknowledgement page for future reference. The NTA will only provide the JEE Main admit card 2022 to candidates who enrolled and filled out the application form before the deadline.
JEE Main 2022: Eligibility Criteria
Along with the official brochure, the authorities will issue the JEE Main 2022 eligibility requirements which students must meet in order to be considered for admission. Before registering for the exam, students should check the eligibility criteria listed below.
- Candidates must be Indian nationals or International applicants.
- To be qualified for JEE Main, international applicants must acquire the required marks set by AIU.
- Students seeking for B.E/ B.Tech admission must have qualified 5 subjects in high school, with Mathematics and Physics as mandatory subjects and Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, or any other technical vocational subject as an option.
- Students applying for admission to B.Plan must have qualified their 12th grade with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Students seeking admission to the B.Arch programme must have completed 12th grade with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry as required subjects.
- Candidates with a diploma certificate are also eligible to apply. These students are exclusively eligible for IIT entrance.
JEE Main 2022: Papers
The JEE Main exam is divided into two papers – Paper I for admissions to B. Tech., and Paper II for admissions to B. Arch. For Paper I (B.Tech), each section – Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry, will contain 20 objective and 5 numerical questions. Paper II (B.Arch and B.Plan) will have 77 Math and 100 aptitude questions, as well as 2 subjective drawing questions (for B.Arch). Each JEE Main paper will last three hours and will be given in English, Hindi, Urdu, Gujarati, Marathi languages.
JEE Main 2022: Syllabus
The JEE Main 2022 syllabus will be released on the NTA’s official website at jeemain.nta.nic.in. The JEE Main syllabus is based on the CBSE 11th and 12th grade curriculum. Candidates should note that the syllabus for JEE Main 2022 is similar to JEE Main 2021.
The questions in the JEE Main (B.E/B.Tech) Paper will come from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The questions in the JEE Main (B. Arch) Paper will come from the areas of mathematics, drawing, and aptitude. The questions in the JEE Main (B. Plan) Paper will be from the Mathematics, Planning, and Aptitude sections.
JEE Main 2022: Exam Pattern
The JEE Main exam pattern contains information such as the exam mode, duration, total number of questions to be asked, question type, and other details.
- JEE Main will be conducted in an online computer-based test mode. The drawing test for paper 2 will, however, be conducted in pen and paper mode.
- JEE Main will consist of 2 papers: Paper I and Paper II, for admissions to B.E/B.Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan, respectively.
- Three hours will be allotted to complete the paper. For PWD candidates, an additional 1 hour will be granted.
- The exam will consist of objective type questions. The drawing paper will be subjective.
- Students can attempt the JEE main paper in a variety of languages including Hindi, English, Gujarati, Bengali, Assamese, Marathi, Odia, Kannada, Malayalam, Tamil, Punjabi, Urdu, and Telugu.
- Paper I (B.E/B.Tech) will have 90 questions, Paper IIA (B.Arch) will have 82 questions, and Paper IIB (B.Plan) will have 105 questions.
- Paper I (B.E/B.Tech) will consist of 300 marks, whereas Paper IIA (B.Arch) and Paper IIB (B.Plan) will contain 400 marks altogether.
- Each correct answer will receive four marks. For each wrong response, one mark will be deducted. In Section B, there will be no negative marking.
JEE Main 2022: Cut-Off
The NTA will announce the JEE Main 2022 Cut-Off (qualifying). The JEE Main Cut off will be issued by JoSAA in the form of opening and closing ranks for admissions to NITs, IIITs, and other GFTIs.
Below is the JEE Main 2022 Cutoff (Expected):
|Category||JEE Main Cut-Off Percentile|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||90-100|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||60-70|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||45-50|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||35-40|
DailyLearn offers well-structured online courses for CBSE and state board students in classes 9 to 12, as well as LIVE courses for IIT and NEET preparation. Our curriculum, course modules, examinations, and other materials are designed to meet the needs and requirements of students from different backgrounds. To enroll in the courses and other information, visit https://www.dailylearn.in.